Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Places to visit / How to dress in Marrakech

In the previous post I shared 5 tips in order not to get ripped off in the market place in Marrakech. As I announced before on this blogpost  I'd like to share some places I visited in Marrakech with photos I took there. Also the end of the post I have 2 outfits I wore there.

A museum located in the center of Marrakech. It's a palace built in the 19th century by Mehdi Menebhi and was later restored and turned into a museum in 1997 ,which is open for the public. The palace represents classical Andalusian architecture with fountains, hammam, tile works and carvings. 



A huge and beautiful palace built in the late of 19th century. There's not much too see here actually since there's just a vast open palace with some gardens and ponds but I totally enjoyed just walking around sitting down in this vast space. The entrance fee was only about €1 so you won't be disappointed. 


A breathtakingly beautiful garden full of cactuses and palm trees . It's a 12 acre botanical garden designed by a French artist Jacques Majorelle in the 1920s and 1930s during the colonial period. It's been open for the public since 1947 and it was bought by Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge in 1980. 



I also would like to share these 2 outfits I wore in Marrakech.  Although the weather was pretty nice and warm during the day I avoided showing too much skin. The center of Marrakech was  full of foreigners but I did't see many people wearing only a T-shirt or shorts. It gets pretty cold at night so it's probably smart to bring a jacket or thick cardigan with you.
The leather bag in the second picture is one of my best purchases in the market place of Marrakech. I really can't wait to match it with my summer outfit :)











No comments:

Post a Comment